Looking for a Job??? Looking to hire an Estimator??? Contact the webmaster to post a classified. Free to all ASPE Chapter 61 members. Postings will remain for at least 30 days after which they may be removed.
Ray Angelini, Inc. based out of Sewell, N.J., is a bonded electrical contracting firm, established in 1974. RAI is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator. Qualified candidates should have strong Commercial and Industrial building knowledge of both inside and outside electrical construction. Individual will be responsible for preparing cost estimates for bidding purposes. Excellent verbal and time management skills are essential. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter and resume.
Familiar in reading and interpretation of Blue Prints and Specifications
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interface with various engineering disciplines
- Accomplished with Accubid Pro
- Proficient MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and web based plan room skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to communicate with all levels of management in various departments
- Familiar with National Electrical Code
- Adhere to strict aggressive deadlines
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in estimating, related to Commercial, Industrial, Security and Telecommunication construction.
- Familiarity with transit construction a plus
- Must be capable of working within the cyclical nature of a competitive proposal schedule that often requires extended hours
- Must have the ability to coordinate multiple concurrent tasks
- Good time management, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Wiliness to travel when required
- Review proposal specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bill of material, and sample layouts.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, to determine scope of work and required contents of the estimate.
- Prepare estimates performing the complete takeoff of the scope of work.
- Prepare complete competitive and change order estimates
- Conceptual design/build estimates from walk through and scope documentation.
- Analyze and understand blueprints, specifications and addendums to ensure codes compliance.
- Work with and solicit subcontractors for complete pricing
- Review vendor and subcontractor quotes for accuracy and completeness
- Assess cost effectiveness and propose value engineered solutions for bid advantage.
- Prepare bid documentation
- Assess estimate by maintaining historical data from past projects for manpower/material comparison, maintain files for estimate figures, prepare and maintain historical cost data
- Maintain schedule and time management on particular bid / project in order to complete on a timely manner.
- Review all final estimate packages with management and/or operations personnel prior to formal quotation, to insure accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in bid strategy, presentation meetings, and value engineering reviews.
- Facilitate estimate handoff to Operations. Includes job cost tracking set-up, earned value analysis, and/or other productivity reporting